Monday, April 26, 2010

Love in the ruins...Hauz khas Complex

Many a love stories have begun with me… many more will come alive..
Your love adds colour to me .. violet, blue, yellow, red and saffire..
Come add music to my life as I give a place for you to hide..
Come.. eat, sing and laugh with me… through you I live my youth & my life

Hauz khas ruins complex is a part of deer park and is surrounded by hauz khas enclave,Greenpark and Safdarjung enclave.

Taking you back in history the place was built in 13th century and was a part of second medieval city of Delhi sultanate. To meet the water requirements Allauddin Khilji excavated the Hauz which later came to be known as “Hauz Khas”, hauz for tank/lake and khas for royal. The complex houses Firoz Shah’s tomb, madrassa and a mosque along with the royal tank. That’s enough of a flash back into the history for more of such drab information you may visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hauz_Khas_Complex

The complex is probably one of the most obscure places in Delhi, only famous amongst designers, foreigners and the likes of it for its elegant stores, boutiques, antique shops and great restaurants. As for me this place is perfect to watch the sun slowly hide behind the earth for its slumber. The dilapidated 13th century structure along with young love budding in its nooks and crevices, gang of college students smoking and juxtaposing them other health freaks jogging by the lake side, vying to reduce that extra centimeter - makes it a beautiful play of human emotions, priorities, nature and time…

My idea of enjoyment at this place is a cup of tea along with Wai-Wai cup noodles, a great company and some good photography..

9 comments:

  1. Hey.. Stumbled upon this blog while looking for something else..
    I must say the article is a pretty good read.. They way History of Hauz is mixed with 'Current Affairs' gives it a unique touch.. :)
    I have been there a few times(Count me in the 'Health freaks jogging')and I really enjoy it given the serene environment, and wide variety of people..
    And my idea of enjoyment at this place would be a good jogging session in the evening, and then resting in the shade with a glass of Juice, my Nikon SLR, and somebody to share the joyous moment with...
    Once again, a pretty good read..!!
    Cheers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Vanquisher: Thanks for your appreciation... I too love this place for its serenity.. :)Trying to capture more of it.. will post some pictures.. hope to get your views on those as well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gast...: Good things should be appreciated.. :) Talking of serenity, I find this place very peaceful too at times.. You know when you are down and things not going the way you want, this place has a very soothing effect..:)
    Sure.. Will be on lookout for more on this from your end.. And pics...Are you a photography buff too..? I too like Nature/Wild life/ Portrait photography a lot...
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a beginner (in photography).. learning the art.. I am more keen on abstract, food and travel photography.. let's see where best can i apply my creativity..
    Keep in touch

    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey.. Thats pretty good.. Food and travel form an interesting choice.. Though I find abstract as the most challenging.. I too like that and not just the photography aspect...I am a big foodie and an avid traveller.. :).. Hope you click some fantastic pics... Do share them..
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey.. Just read your other blog about the PASSION cafe.. Pretty good one.. Makes me desirous to have T there some time pretty sooon... You mentioned that you liked Darjeeling tea ... That makes me ask you if you have ever been to North-East cities like Darjeeling.. Gangtok or Shillong..? Amazing landscape and travel routes..Mentioning this because I clicked some of my best pics to date in that trip... On a second thought you could maybe click some innovative pics of this cafe and its delicacies you were mentioning.. :P
    Publish them and charge the cafe owner for publicity.. :)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there.. thanks for your comments and inputs :) all smiles.. n yes, will certainly take more pics of the place and its delicacies.. Haven't been to north-east yet, looking forward to visiting it soon. share your pics please if you don't mind..
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey.. Will wait for some foodie pics.. :) Anyways, surely will share some north-east pics.. It would be nice to get some kind of a feedback.. If you could send me a mail from your personal ID, I will reply with the pics.. Mine is batra007@gmail.com ...
    Meanwhile, does Passion cafe have some Ice-Tea for these Hot summers.. Drink that and chilll .. Temperature is really soaring...!! :P
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete